seems to me a very good motivation, right?
well, since I had heard the news via the mailing list of Third Line, I had this date marked on the agenda Wednesday 'November 19, 19.30, Emirates Palace, Ballroom, Booth A1.
not tell you that beating heart! (Also for 250 dirham spent on them borrow the book ... that is, they count!)
the first time I had seen and the work of our 'state in November 2005 when I was a internship at Arab Art, a cultural association in Paris, and I had an invitation to the inauguration of the exhibition Regards des Arabes of Contemporary photographers , held at the Institut du Monde Arabe. and 'was love at first sight with her photos! There were also several other artists that I liked, but at that moment I was in a stalemate in the search for material for my thesis (which dealt with homosexuality 'in society' Arab-Islamic) that his photos from ' homoerotic ambience made me break the deadlock, much to devote to his work as a chapter of my thesis and put his name in the title (although, at the end, the argument was much more 'wide).
Lumiere (Cairo, 2001)
Mohammed (Cairo, 2002 - I'm not sure but 'title and year of this ...)
however, I had to interview M. Nabil this association for culture and then, following an exchange of e-mail, it is not made more 'nothing' cause he explained 'in three days left for New York, where he now lives.
and since then, and I 'always been the regret of not having been able to know (also' cause, let's face it, e 'a nice fiol! And, you know, the eye always wants his side .. ..)
joy that would come to know that just around the corner from my house! so I at the chance and last night, at 19.30, punctual (strano!) I made the stand of the Third Line: oh my God, do not tell you the scene! I looked like one of those fourteen potted fan of Riccardo Scamarcio! I was the only one who knew who he was' I'm youngster (and Nabil ', 1972), who knew all his artistic and his exhibitions, he knew his age' ... In short, looked like a stalker!
Came my turn and I, embarrassed and blushing, To him I was so 'happy for his book and finally had the chance to meet him after failure in lintervista that of Paris and followed his work since 2005, the EPI shows (and the 'put me a bit' in crisis' cause he suddenly switches to French, who speaks really well. Credit where credit!) and tells me that, 'and that' was his first major exhibition and that he did not remember the interview, but you know I'm sorry, Claudia, maybe it was a period that is 'so' and I looked behind glasses, in those eyes of an undefined color a little 'liquid e. .. I felt so 'idiot!
that fool! this will have 'thought that they really are a crazy stalker ...
vabbe 'this is him (women, now I understand a bit' better, what a 'live' even more 'cute, I imagined I much more' dark as colors ...)
Sun in My Eyes (Naples [?], 2005)
Funfair (Paris, 2005)
vabbe ', though I must admit that I really like his work (especially the series "homoerotic" and the series of self-portraits), but lately I find it a bit 'repetitive and all the portraits of famous people who made (although some, such as Shirin Neshat or Tzipora Salomon, are truly beautiful), they started a bit fed up '(and then not much embodies my ideal of art as the existing dispute).
pero 'I'm happy!
other positive aspects of the fair: I met a gallery owner in Milan (very nice, unlike maggiornza gallery of French, Germans and Lebanese) who gave me an invitation for show AlighieroBoetti and Shirin Neshat who organized in collaboration with the Embassy of Italy (and I am glad that the first work of Neshat-type Women of Allah series - drive me crazy and Boettger and 'still one of the artists most' important of the 70 in Italy and I never had the pleasure of seeing his works in person). the only problem 'that his assistant asked me to bring buyers also ... mmmhhh, I'll ask 's a bit around with interns and underpaid Pakistani taxi drivers ... and who I know and that 'a rich man who likes to invest in art?!
another gem: I found that there is' another artist who makes a kind of draft works Nabil , such Osama ESID , Syria. here are some His works are on display in recent days:
vabbe no 'from that bad! I checked his site and there are other series (very good plus).
however, the conclusion which I arrived after visiting the exhibition yesterday and 'that, as suspected by some, for my personal taste in contemporary art "western" does not live and be a good time to extinction (do not know, but too self-and my 'opinion, however, from a secular-and then continue artists ever to repeat the "old" or overvalued), and (at least for my taste) the future and 'contemporary art from the Middle and Far East (especially in countries such as Iran, Egypt, Morocco and part of Lebanon).
at this point I hope to find a moment to soon as possible to go see the Zan'it Sittat of Huda Lutfi in Dubai ...
I know, I know that long post! :-P
all the images reproduced in this post Have Been Found on the web. If They Break Any copyright, please inform me by e-mail and i will remove Them.
0 comments:
Post a Comment