July 17, 2001, approximately 23 hours - via Saffi, Parma (under the seat of the WWF)
I step on the white Panda 750 1995.
Mom: "So what? What it 'go?"
I said, "but, okay ... we leave tomorrow night so 'arrive early in the morning. B. was not at the meeting, but, you know, there were a lot of people of a certain age' you should ... be more 'quiet, no? there were ladies on 60. if they mean that there will be' peaceful one thing I think ... relax, come on. "
Mom: "okay, but they have said? Need anything?"
I said, 'no, no. ... Nothing in particular B. told me that we can go with his tent, then I'll take' the sleeping bag for him if L. is fine ... then nothing . a fair return. ah, here! and lemons ... we've got them at home lemons? "
Mom:" Yes, 'the lemons we've got them, but what do you need? "I
:" Dunno, I do not know. They told us that lemons rub them over his eyes if we throw the tear gas ... "
the morning of July 20, 2001 we arrived in Genoa, after our bus had been stopped and controlled by traffic police. Rete Lilliput of a bus full of peaceful demonstrators of a certain age 'and a few young Legambiente and Rete Lilliput.
arrival we breathe a little' air of a school trip: I never saw the first Genoa back then, but the city ' I like it. aid B. to erect the tent in a flower bed on the waterfront and then we are heading towards Piazza Manin, where we take part in the square, organized by topic Rete Lilliput, Legambiente and Fair Trade & Solidarity.
there 'and the sun, with my backpack on my shoulder, I'm happy to be there' and I wonder if all the concerns of my parents had a sense. the people around me are peaceful, kind, completely non-violent. joke a bit 'with the ladies who are part of our group, who tease me for the shirt I had designed, with an angel and a devil on his chest on his back.
come and find my friend D., of Rome, with whom I had a field of voluntary work a few weeks before and the volunteers who coordinated international Legambiente: We are boys from France, Spain, and even a Japanese, Tetsuya, come on purpose to make their voices heard peacefully, with streamers and colorful balloons. the square, 'and I'm pretty close to that Tetsuya and' friendly and gives me water to cool a bit '. my English is not 'perfect, and now that the procession moves on, I together at B., who, being more' great, I'm sure he will know 'Guide.
we queued for a marching behind a banner and begin to descend via Assarotti. B., Protective as is', always trying to stay out of the parade to do "service order" and I keep an eye on me constantly for fear that something could happen. what can 'happen? there 's only so many people crying, singing, their hands painted white flags of peace ...
via Assarotti get to the bottom, where I am told there is' the "red zone" that everyone wants to try to crack. iron gratings of high high and many, many police officers in riot gear. behold, someone approaches to the fence and the cops after a while 'loaded with water cannons. B. and 'in constant contact with other friends who are in other places and keeps me informed. "Here, they 'violated the red zone!" "Oh God, there are protesters dressed in black who have begun to make some noise." "We have to move, back in the square 'cause here's' the risk that we charge. "
I do not understand anything ... go back to Piazza Manin, but the atmosphere and 'different. people are not more' cheerful and calm as before. then I see that there are some protesters dressed in black with police chasing them. all raise their hands painted in white and shouting that they are pacifists. but the police advance towards the square.
"we have to move!" I am B., and since then, I have only hazy memories: pictures and sounds that accompany me for 7 years, but that at the time, I did not understand.
did not understand anything.
not see how all those beautiful things that I seen just before might have turned in all that blood and I saw the smoke everywhere.
I had always had confidence in the police ... What is happening?
not remember, I had no sense of time. As time passed? What time were they?
I remember is' a kind of race against time in a city 'is unknown, like a game of cat and mouse, running non-stop because' he who hesitates ... and 'lost.
we move away from Piazza Manin and the police 'already' passed, there are black-clad protesters with sticks in hand. There 's really a truck next to them? I do not remember. a woman about 60 years in the backseat of a car with a bloody leg. near Do you think there 'a priest and B. I called Don Benzi said. but I'm sure of the name? we move more and more 'and B. I said we're going to the Brignole railway station. here the roads are different, they are more 'wide, but the sense of what' I see, 'the same: smoke, trays and overturned cars, smoke, smoke, people who stormed a supermarket and also here a lot of protesters dressed in black with their faces covered.
near the Brignole station meet N., a friend of B: and 'nice, will have' over 21 years and has an arm around the neck with a scarf. "What are you doing? Go to the hospital," he says B. "I can not go mad 'hospital lead me directly to the police station. You did not hear what' s successo ad altri?". ce ne andiamo. N. ci segue per un tratto e poi si ferma a via Tolemaide, dove ci sono le "Tute Bianche" di Casarini. sembra un campo di battaglia medievale: dappertutto ci sono ragazzi a terra, sanguinanti, con quello che rimane delle loro "armature" fatte di gommapiuma e bottiglie di plastica. "ricompattiamoci e riformiamo la testuggine" urla un ragazzo al megafono. i poliziotti sono dietro di loro. B. mi tira per un braccio e mi fa cenno di andarcene. giriamo nella prima viuzza che troviamo, giusto alle spalle del corteo, nella terra di nessuno tra i manifestanti e i poliziotti. e' una stradina in salita e, mentre saliamo, vediamo 3 camionette della polizia scendere, in direzione di via Tolemaide. erano 3? 5? non ricordo... ricordo with us that there was a photographer who tells us that he was with the Tute Bianche and the policemen took my camera and film. now just wants to escape. he is not 'put too fine. or maybe I remember correctly. "Oh God, they're crazy! Fell with the Defender and the protesters were all on the ground. What the fuck they want to do?" What is' a Defender? I have no time to ask ... we have to move. where? no one knows, but the important thing and 'go, run, run away.
I lost track of time. What time is it? how long is the day that never seems to end? when night comes that brings advice?
do not know how long 'past. I only know that run, run, at one point the photographer is not there 'more'. we find ourselves in a place more 'comfortable. B. set out upon a road that goes down 'and at the end of the road, like a mirage, the sunlight on the sea.
we are the seafront. far from where we started in the morning, but always on the waterfront. There are other guys that show, maybe some are foreigners. side of a group of policemen. pass. ask us where we came from. I do not know. I hear B. that rattles off one after another the names of streets and squares for which we ran throughout the afternoon and what we saw area by area. I know nothing. I do not understand anything. I do not remember anything. I do not remember if I lived those things seriously or you are just been a nightmare due to the concerns of my mother. maybe 'a iCube. maybe I still have to get there and I fell asleep on the bus. but can not 'be. I watch the sea. I would like to take a bath, wash everything I've seen all the dirt on me and that I feel inside. I would run away. but you can not '. I do not understand what happened. here it seemed to be 'quiet.
we finally arrive where we put the tent. "They killed a boy," someone says. "No, two!" says another. "No, 'a girl." yet another voice. "Sorry, you have a phone? Me soon to make a call?" I asked a girl Bassini. I give it to him. calls, but there is no 'camp. "The news they said that a boy and 'dead' someone shouted. "Maybe you should call your mother" I am B.
a boy and 'dead. Carlo Giuliani could have been any of us. Carlo Giuliani, and 'everyone,' cause of something and then 'dead inside each of us.
I am today, writing this, I could not hold back the tears again. and 'the first time that I throw it all out. maybe today I made peace with my memory. but for the moment, none of us can 'make peace with the Italian state, which has once again denied the Truth' and Justice.
Fighting thus as toys / puppies in May was normal / they had the time yet for the jail / Waiting outside left / the same anger, the same spring ...
0 comments:
Post a Comment